Today Paige played at my sisters house and I called over there to see if everything was going well and my sister told me of a conversation that she had with Paige that went like this...
Paige- "Aunt Jenny I think that I have to take this Ariel costume home with me"
Jennifer- "Why is that?"
Paige- " My dad says that we are trying to save money and can't buy costumes this year and I need a costume to wear for Halloween"
Jennifer-"I see"
We have had discussions with Paige about us trying to save money and the difference between needs and wants but we have never had a discussion about costumes. I am not sure where she got the idea that we weren't buying costumes, I guess she puts costumes in the "want" category rather then the "need". Should I tell her otherwise????
Monday, August 4, 2008
Not Too Young To Learn Financial Responsibility
Posted by The Black's at 5:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I wouldn't tell her costumes are a "need", because let's face it -- they really aren't, and she's smart enough to know that. On the other hand, good grief -- nothing like having your child give everyone the impression of financial destitution (or unwarranted stinginess). Pretty hilarious.
Post a Comment