I remember a few years back there was a Relief Society teacher who spoke of the Finding Things Angel. She was talking about how there are those people (me included) that whenever they lose something and say a little prayer that the item they were missing miraculously is found. I always thought that this was the case for everyone but apparently it is not. I do not remember a time when I lost something and said a prayer and did not find that item. I'm sure that it has happened but it is so infrequent that I don't remember a time. I believe there are also Driving Angels. There are some members of John's family that have not had luck in the driving department. Many of the accidents are of no fault of there own, but John will talk about how he is the best driver because he hasn't been in an accident. I have told John for years that the reason for this is because he has a Driving Angel. And this morning his Angel was right there with him like always. Because of the bad weather we had yesterday the roads were really icy(some of the worst I have seen in Utah). John was coming off of the I-15 off ramp and hit a patch of black ice and started to spin and spin and spin, he said that he thought that he was going to roll the car. He said that other cars were just watching in horror has this was happening and there was nothing he could do. Well, John came out of this unscratched and miraculously the car was not touched either. I couldn't believe it when John called me to tell me what had just happened. I think he was still in shock because all he could talk about was how the alignment on the car was bad now and we had to get that fixed. And all I was thinking about is that five minutes earlier I could have been a widow with three kids! John really does have a Driving Angel I am certain and I am so grateful for him or her. John has been real lucky in the past with driving. I also have been a beneficiary of this Angel, I won't go into details(ask John about it one time), but it involves the highway between Vegas and Phoenix , John, Paige and I and a Semi!!!I'm glad that his Angel was along for that ride because I would not be riding this post had he not!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Chad did a very similar thing on 1-15. That was a bad day for driving. I am glad that all the Driving Angels were out that day! Yikes!
When I was first learning to snow drive in Utah I did a 360 in the middle of University Pkwy, in a suburban. It was early in the morning though, so fortunately I didn't hit anything. It did take me several minutes to get my heartbeat back down after that.
Wow! I got chills while I read that! I'm glad he's okay!
crazy! I definitely believe in angels and I'm sure john had one looking out for him that day!
Post a Comment