Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Festivities

Our Easter festivities started out on Saturday morning when we colored eggs. Paige and Johnny loved it. We only did a dozen eggs since that was pretty much all I had. They each got to write their names on the eggs and they loved this. We didn't do anything fancy with the eggs, just color them with normal colors (I know I am a boring mom). They loved it anyway.


(Paige and Johnny looking at the final product)



(Johnny looking at his egg with his name on it)


(Paige showing the camera the egg with her name on it)

After we colored eggs we headed over to my sister's house and had an Easter egg hunt. My kids look forward to this every year. Not only do they get candy but they get money too. I guess I should say that Paige looks forward to it more because she is really motivated by money. Coen could care less about the eggs. He just wanted to play in their little play house and shovel rocks.



Then came Sunday. We went to church and then came home and got ready for family to come and eat at our house. We had 14 adults and 4 kids. It was a lot of fun. Before the family came I attempted to get pictures of the kids. None of them turned out of course but I will still share them because they are pretty funny. Coen did not want to cooperate at all as you can tell.



Easter was great this year. It is so fun to see your kids get excited for holidays. Last night we we had FHE and Paige read an Easter story and then we did an activity that our primary handed out with eggs. Paige was the only one participating but it was so great that Paige could read the story and tell us why we celebrate Easter. It's moments like these that make you realize the important responsibility we have as parents to teach our children about Christ. I am so grateful for the Gospel in my life and the knowledge that I have about the Resurrection and the Atonement.

1 comments:

Dana Broderick said...

I love Paige's hands on Coen's face! Your kids are getting so big! Are you ready for #4 someday?? It makes me tired just thinking about it.