Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"Can I Have Your Change?"



Tonight Paige found a baggy full of change mostly pennies and asked if she could have them. I asked her what she wanted to do with the money and she looked at me with a completely straight face and said "I want to save for my house, you already have a house and you don't need another one." It took all that was in me to not start cracking up. At first I was wondering why she was worrying about her house. But then I realized she actually is a very intuitive child. She knows that a house takes money and to get that money you need to save. So why not start when you are young. We have savings accounts for all of our kids. We deposit money into their accounts every month, and if they get birthday money it goes straight to the bank. Paige knows this. I hope that she remembers this principle when she gets older. You have to save in order to get things that you want. For now she is saving her pennies and maybe one day she will have enough to buy her own house!

2 comments:

Karen Liu said...

Unfortunately, with the economy, that may be more true than you know. Start saving kids...

The Black's said...

Isn't that the truth!